Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Typing

Touch Typing

I once had lessons for touch typing. It was a very long time ago, when I was in High School. Before that point, I'd not had to type very often, so I wasn't a very good typist. I do recall, however, that I was exposed to Mavis Beacon Touch Typing in elementary or middle school. But that never really left an impression.

The main goal of learning how to touch type is to improve typing speed and accuracy. The speed part isn't terribly difficult, but the accuracy part is. It is especially difficult for me, as I tend to be too much of a perfectionist. I worry about making too many mistakes and correcting the mistakes I make. The whole experience quickly becomes tedious.

I can't imagine trying to learn DVORAK layout.

//Yes this is foreshadowing

No comments: